Thursday, December 10, 2009

Trust.....

It is interesting to note that in life there are always challenges that each one of us is faced with; but how we reach to these challenges defines us individually. Sometimes strangers can have a great impact on your life...take for instance my patients..it isn't easy to face one of the biggest challenges in your life with a total stranger. I have tried to make my patients at ease, reassured, supported, and even nurtured. In return, they have trust that I know what I'm doing and that I will provide a safe environment for them. Today was no different. I met a nice couple who had their baby today. Babies come into the world in various ways, fast, slow, with effort, with little effort, with interventions and without. Today, even with the Doctor en route, and with encouragement, teaching, breathing, and support the little angel was born....quickly! The new parents are a delight and excited about their baby, but they trusted me, listened to me, followed my instructions..... Trust, not something I'm so good at, I'm a control freak...maybe, just maybe....I need to trust in myself a bit more ;)

No comments: