![]() |
| This free scrapbook design personalized with Smilebox |
Days with Liz and Candy are always fun. Today was no exception. We made plans last Friday and today we're off to fulfill our goal...relax and have fun!!! We set off early and went down to Lover's Key and set the kayaks in the water and off we paddled. It always seems to be easier to get to where we are going than coming back! There was a lot of activity, with wave runners, boats, and kayaks on the water. We had lots of chatting and giggling, a break under the bridge and we finally reached the beach. We cooled off in the water, ate lunch, and of course the chatting and giggling never ended. One of the most exciting parts of the day was when we were back in the water and someone said "what's that?" "A crab" says someone else and before I new there was a crab SWIMMING and almost touched me. What is a girl to do???? but yell, scream, and frantically splash the water to get rid of the creature!! Minutes later we saw it walking along the beach floor under the water! There was a manatee earlier, many sea birds...plover, pelican, egret, etc. Some people walked by and showed us the spiny sea urchin and I guess there were many star fish in the water also. We began to get crispy and saw clouds rolling in so off we went paddling back...it takes more work to do that. We rested at the bridge and headed on...the water became quite shallow. Liz almost got a fish in her lap...and she was screeching up a storm....critters should remain at a distance!!! Then there was a spotting of dolphins. They swam in front of us and then off to my right...I didn't have my camera as I had given it to Candy, but I had my iPhone and I got it ready and the dolphin started jumping up and playing and I got a few pictures. How about that??? God was certainly making sure we had a splendid day. There were many wetland birds eating and we continued on...finally getting close to the dock and the sun at times covered by clouds and a nice breeze to help cool us off. We made it safely back, with many wonderful memories...days like this can simply be described as AWESOME!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment