It is that time of year again when we spend weeks preparing for Christmas. Some years it is stressful and other years things flow smoothly. This year it was a bit more stressful. Long hours at work with a cranky cumbersome computer system and days that provided no time for a break or a meal....I did get things done, but I wasn't most pleasant about it, I must honestly say. I was a basket case by the time my mixer decided that the measuring cup would be a nice asset....causing bread dough to splatter all over the counter, cabinets, microwave, stove, and floor (I am sure there are places that I have found the now hardened dough). After managing to get things cleaned, I preceded to start all over again, only to have the jar of yeast tumble over and spill all over the place, it is annoying to step on the little yeast beads. Aaaarrrrgggghhh!! So, through exhaustion and tears I managed to get that all taken care of, when my family arrived back after viewing the Christmas lights....I must admit I was annoyed by their cheerfulness and dwelled on my misery of being tired and all the things that went wrong. I really should have put it aside and looked at all the good. After a fairly decent rest, I was refreshed to start the new day! :D
Christmas day was spent leisurely. We ate breakfast, opened gifts, laughed, enjoyed, admired, oooohhhhh'd and aaaahhhed. We had lunch and then it was time for friends to make their arrivals. The true meaning of the season was about the Christ Child being born on this day. The church service was a reflection of the season. Seeing the reports on the news about the Church of the Nativity....I remember by going their several years ago through the tiny door into the church and going down the stairs to see the place where Jesus was born...a truly awesome experience. So with all the ups and downs leading up to December 25th....it's really about the birth of a baby who would teach the world about peace, patience, kindness, and love.....a very good lesson for all of mankind.
May the blessings of the season be with you! Merry Christmas! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment