Sunday, May 13, 2012
Life is good......
Easter came and went. It was on my weekend to work, but it was sloooowww, so I was on call and was able to attend Church and was able to go to LaBelle and pick up Callie who had been visiting a friend, and we stopped to eat at Cracker Barrel. Then April blew through, I only know that there was no rain and that it was very dry. I did attend four Nursing conferences. I always come out of them feeling like I'm dumber than dirt. Most of them had a lot of good updated information. I went to Ikea twice and met up with Caitlin, we dropped some money there. We ate with Liz, Candy, and Lisa at the Columbia Restaurant. Two days before we met up with Leslie and Jill and had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory....should just get the dessert, because after the meal, who has space to pack in the dessert? It took me two days before I could eat the cheesecake slice and I shared it with Manuel because I was still so full and I only ate half the meal!!
Enter May, I'm not sure how we got to May, it flew in. I just got back from North Carolina and visiting Natalie. We went shopping and she, Callie, and I went to the Grove Park Inn for a dueling piano show at Elaine's which was a lot of fun. I love music and we were able to put suggestions along with tips for songs to be played, from College fight songs that got up to $75.00 to Country, Rap, Love Songs, etc. It was a blast. We went to the Biltmore again to walk through the gardens. I cold spend $$$ at the garden shop, but, escaped that. We attended a beautiful Church in the Biltmore Village that was built years ago by funds given by the Vanderbilts. We went to Lake Lure, it was so beautiful there. Part of the movie "Dirty Dancing" was filmed there....and that movie played today!!! Then we were off to Chimney Rock. I don't know what is with me lately, but heights really have me spooked. I got 3/4 of the way all by stairs (I am not crazy about stairs), Natalie and Callie tired their best to coax me up, but I became quite dizzy and nauseated. They went all the way up, I prayed all the way down by myself, after much self discussion about "you can make it...just have confidence"....well the confidence didn't stick. I did make it down, shaking and sweating all the way down, and then the rain started! I did purchase some cute garden art in the gift shop!!! Shopping always makes things better, doesn't it? :D We then went to Gatlinburg, TN. We wanted to go to Dollywood, but the weather wasn't the best, so we settled for going to the Aquarium and a couple of the Ripley Museums. The weather started out rainy and ended up beautiful! Our last stop was in Sevierville, TN to one of the Winery's. They have Apple wine and mixtures of Apple/Strawberry, Apple/Peach, Apple/Pomagranate, Apple/Raspberry, etc. Of course I have purchased wine that is being sent out as I write. The following day I drove out to Waynesville, NC and had lunch with a dear old friend that I went to nursing school with. She is such a sweet person and has accomplished much. It was so wonderful to spend time with Lisa. I was able to meet her beautiful daughter also. Then it was time to get ready to leave! I mailed out somethings that wouldn't fit in my suitcase, went to the uniform shop and purchased a uniform set (since we are going to one standard color....it's suppose to make people have a more positive image of nurses....okay!). I wanted a pair of shoes but the rules say white or black...neither go well with galaxy blue. I found a blue and black that would go splendidly! But will see if the company has plain blue. Before I knew it, Natalie had me at the airport, and off I went. By the time I boarded the plane, she was entering her apartment!
I've spent a few lazy days at home, yesterday paying bills online...so I'm officially broke...LOL and today is Mother's Day. I had peaceful day. The kids got me some wonderful cards, a edible fruit arrangement, a nook cover (Kate Spade) and wine stopper. Manuel made me breakfast in bed and then took me out later to eat. I had wonderful texts from family and friends. Life is good!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment