Okay, now I know that time travels, but at this breakneck speed someone is bound to get hurt! I can't believe that it is the middle of June already! Tonight I finished my Bio statistics class....can we say mean, median, mode? Range, variability, t-test and chi (not tea)? I'm done!!! Okay, for one week, but I'm done, no homework, no reading, now discussion boards! Whoooohoooo! Our last class we got to go out to dinner! My kind of class, statistically speaking of course.
I came to a realization this month. I'm not 25 any more. Let me say, I am truly bummed about this. I don't know what kind of a hoax, cruel joke, or unfair distribution of numbers, but I'm not amused. Now, I have been diligently working out for the past several years. I figured, it's time to expand (broaden my horizons) to try something new. So off the the gym I went, I took a SPIN class. This is an exercise class involving stationary bicycles and there is music and flashing lights and sweat and pain and ..... okay, NO ONE said it was a high intensity, high impact class....NO!!!! I was excited to get a bike, of course, it was in the front row! Ummmmm hmmmm, wonder why? Well, the room is darkened, the music begins and the little lights are on and we're off, warming up....not bad, just peddling, yes, the instructor has noticed me, wanted to know who was a beginner and a few of us raised our hands, and she was kind enough to adjust my seat and tell me about the dial (to increase the intensity), okay, and to make sure there was water available. I think I'm in trouble. The music gets louder and we're peddling and the instructor is talking and the next thing I know we're up off the seats and peddling up hill, and down on the seat, and up then down, and up and down...this goes on for an hour. I get the cool down, finally, since my knees are giving me a clue that I may have ummmmm done a bit much - stupid knees always giving me trouble. So, I cool down, I've survived. I'm a sweat ball, surely I've burned tons of calories (after all the Wii Fit said that I was fat and needed to loose 7 pounds to reach my BMI - I figure my goal should be 10 pounds - I am woman hear me roar!), well, I got off the bike, and then the stretches came...I knew I was in trouble when I had sea legs. The instructor was most impressed that I kept up....yeah, okay, my legs are very wobbly. I carefully, finished my stretches and cleaned off my equipment and walked carefully, very carefully to my car. I drive home, and I am noodle legged and can't get enough to drink, but when I drink water, I begin to get nauseated. Off to the shower, surely a shower will cure my ills. Ahhhh, this is just the beginning. Day 1 after the SPIN class, I'm hurting, I'm stiff and so I think off to work those muscles don't want the to seize up or anything, to Curves I go. I work out, I survive. Day 2 I can't get out of bed. I hurt so bad it's unbelievable, I need assistance. The husband feels he must drag me out of bed, and I insist (in no uncertain terms) that I can do this under my own steam. Suffice it to say the potty was a challenge, a blood curdling scream was made and tears were shed, but I'm a survivor! Day 3 I change the sheet make the bed, a bit less pain, but I am nauseated, I sleep on and off, having great difficulty to change from one side to the other. Day 4 I haven't eaten in days, it is a school day, so I meet up with Liz and Candy at Chili's so we can review our final power points and papers. I had maybe a half of a salad...man it was good. Off to school. Day 5 I go to work, it is painful. Day 6 wear TED hose and work and come home a puff ball of fluid. Day 7 fluid going away from the upper legs, pain is less, nausea gone. Day 8 Callie's recital, have difficulty with the stairs but manage at both shows, she did very well in her performances, siblings all came to see her. The last show, it's just the two of us, I get down the stairs we're yakking and I forget there is a curb, yeah, well, I end up on the tarmac, and can't get up and at this point start laughing at the mishap and crawl to the curb and sit. Since I can't seem to get up because my muscles hurt, she chooses so sit beside me on the curb and says "if I sit with you, it'll be less obvious"! How sweet, and outta the mouths of babes. We laugh and I am finally able to get up, have a small scrape on the left knee and a round circle scrape on the left top foot, odd. So, I've learned a few things, besides not being 25, I don't believe in stupid machines (no matter how fun they are), I have stamina, exercise can kill you, I'm going to give my kids a run for the money when I get old because I'll have to do everything myself which will lead to mishaps, and a girl just wants to have fun!!!
One of the good things I did was finish my book on Alaska. Since I have no time to sit and scrapbook, and I'm getting a bit more skilled (I use the term lightly), I found a company that has digital scrapbooking backgrounds and I can use my own JPEG backgrounds to make my own book! There are page templates and everything! I was able to make the book and send it to family and friends to see, and I ordered the hardcover book and it came in, it is so cool!! My Biostat teacher is borrowing it to show her parents since they'll be going on their Alaskan cruise also. The company was very nice when I got stuck and they were able to email assist me - quite promptly to. The company PICABOO.com. The download is free, you have to try it. I'm working on my next book!
It has been hotter than heck here. The rains have finally started. It has been so dry and the smell from the wildfires in the Everglades was getting quite nauseating. Father's Day all the kids were here and we had a fun day of Bar-B-Q, movies, games, and talking. That's what life is about.
Callie finished 8th grade and will be heading off to High School (the fastest four years). She will be going back to camp this summer, but mostly just kicking back. Truly the Lazy Days of Summer!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment