Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Where does the time go?

Does anyone really know where time goes? It seems to be in a blink of an eye that many years have gone by, yet it feels like it was just yesterday! Now how does that happen? Many years ago...well it doesn't seem like that long..but when I say it out loud...yikes!!! So, since I don't want to appear as old as it may sound I will just say it was in the not so far past....as if that makes it any less OLD! :-)

Anyway, back in the past and not so long ago, I had the most beautiful baby girl! I'm am telling you she was like a little dolly! She had the darkest hair and eyes and she was pudgy and so beautiful, I couldn't keep my eyes off of her. My labor was a piece of cake, I had been to the doctor's a few hours earlier just for a routine check and after I got home and had french toast for dinner, I was whinny which irrates me never mind anyone else and my husband said I needed to just go and take a warm bath. A nice way of saying "be quiet and stop your whining". So off I went to get a bath and my water broke! Lots and lots of water....I had indeed sprung a leak! Once my husband was aware he was running in circles telling me I needed to go to the hospital. I'm trying to tell him he needed to get things ready for our son so we could take him to the sitters. We got all the things done and arrived at the hospital, and I got sent to the Maternity floor. I was all alone, not another woman in labor, just one in the delivery room giving birth. It was packed full when I had my son, but this night was empty, just me. My husband went off to work and I just walked and played solitare and one every game, without cheating I might add. There was no monitoring which was nice. The doctor was called and said "I just saw her, she wasn't in labor then...". My labor progressed nicely and then the nurse came in and I said, "I think I need to push"...."ooohhhh I HAVE to push". Off I went to the delivery room where the doctor and my husband both arrived and soon after Natalie was born. Fast forward to the current time, she is still beautiful! She is of course smart, whitty, humorus, intense, and high strung! She is also picky about her clothes just as she was when she was eighteen months old and refused to wear things....she has brought much joy into our lives, and I hope her birthday celebrations are fun and happy.

Today was inauguration day. The transition between the out going President and the incoming President. The job which is thankless and has so much responsiblility that people going into it have a hair color and generally no wrinkles come out with white hair and many wrinkles! There is always hope and promise when a new President is elected and we forget that no matter how much "power" they have, it isn't limitless and there are Congress and the Senate to contend with, yet they don't seem to be as responsible as they should be. While we can hope that things will change, the process is slow and there are many bumps, challenges, and conflict along the way. May the outgoing President know that I personnally appreciated not having another terror attack on our soil and wish him peace and happiness in all the years to come and for the incoming President to have the wisdom to keep our country strong and safe, require excellence over mediocrity, make wise and informed choices, and to be mindful of listening to both sides of the isle, and people must be responsible, productive, and be held accountable, best wishes. May God Bless America!

No comments: