Today was a quiet day. I guess it was a good day for prayer and reflection. It is amazing how all of a sudden so many people you know have crisis in their lives. I guess we get so caught up in the routine of our days that when we have the opportunity to have down time we realize how much has changed. Another co-worker friend has breast cancer, a very aggressive kind. I think what is the hardest is that she is so far away from her long time friends who have always been a source of support for her. An old classmates nephew is having seizures of unknown origin and if it weren't for the dog actively trying to get into his room only to have his parents finding him unconscious. Now he has blood clots. There are many other family and friends as well as strangers that are having a difficult time. May God Bless them all. Everyone needs prayers!
Attending church always helps to renew my spirit. No matter how beaten and bedraggled I feel, it know that God is close and that whatever issues I may have will get resolved. Then there are my pew buddies....strangers that I met and now are friends that are happy to see me and keep me in their prayers as I do them in mine. It is refreshing and reassuring to see them each Sunday, and share little trinkets of our lives. Helen is a woman that comes each Sunday in a wheelchair her daughter brings her, they are sweet...next Sunday is Helen's 95th birthday. Simple things like that can bring such joy. Manuel joined me usually he doesn't. God Bless the creatures big and small!
Brunch was at First Watch. The have such interesting combinations of food that are so tasty and filling. Then it is was a fun filled time at the grocery store. Since then it has been enjoying the day and getting caught up on my blog. I was able to make a signature after each posting. This with the aid of a tutorial by Amanda (www.KevinandAmanda.com). Bit by bit things come together...now to the gym and get Callie ready for her first day of being a high school Sophomore....hmmmm it seems like yesterday..... ;D
No comments:
Post a Comment