For some people, making friends is easy. I have never found this to be true. It has always been work for me. I think way back when, my confidence was shattered and my trust was forever scarred so it takes me a while to warm up to others. There are times when I surprise myself..... this weekend we met up with Caitlin at the Cheesecake Factory in Brandon, like last year. Adam also was there and this year so where his parents. It has been a couple of years that Adam and Caitlin have been going together....but the parents have never met! It was funny to talk to my daughter and express my nervousness and apprehension, only to find that Adam's mother though excited to meet us was feeling the same way....well, what can one say....then they must be okay! It was a pleasure to meet them and lunch was enjoyable. Adam's parents are delightful.
We did do a little shopping and then went to leave...it took 3 yes THREE hours to get out of the parking lot. Caitlin and Adam went back in to the mall, but the stubborn husband felt it necessary to wait it out!!!! Not a choice I approved of or would do again! We did make it home safe and sound.
Today is Valentine's day and one of the highlights was to see Father Stan dressed up as Cupid. I can't remember the fund raiser he was promoting, but it sure made for an exciting end to the service!!! Manuel and I had brunch at First Watch and had the Banana, Pecan French toast with cinnamon sugar syrup, very yummy. He found a blue hydrangea for me at BJ's!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment