When I was growing up I used to hear that the month of March would come in roaring like a lion and leave as a lamb or something to that effect. All I know is that with all the hype about global warming, it has been a very cold winter. It hasn't help that the A.C. is broken....soon to be fixed. Chile had an 8.8 earthquake, how horrid, this just over a month after Haiti had it's devastating earthquake. The Vancouver Olympics are over (U.S.A. hockey got the silver medal...in an awesome match that went into overtime with team Canada).
I figure that March is the new beginning of 2010. I spent a month and a half on a trial for a double murder and today was the sentencing....4 consecutive life terms plus 30 years. The defendant has served around 260 days and he owes some court costs of several hundred dollars. He appeared in court today in a burnt orange jump suit, showed no emotion, and for the first time; I heard his voice. I'm not sure if I expected it to be deeper, but he didn't have an accent (as was portrayed during the trial), although his words were limited. He will appeal. Of course!!
There is a full moon. I went out last night to get pictures...and the moon was behind clouds, but they came out pretty good. It was worth dragging out the tripod!!!
I have done some Spring cleaning. It is actually making me feel better. Since finishing school, I've been lost, I guess. I just couldn't seem to get back into my routine. Today, I made jam. I'm listening to the "ping" of the jar lids sealing, however, I'm not sure about the jam itself. But at least I have tried. Tomorrow...I hope to sew. :-) Hopefully, I'll be more at peace.
Now to update the blog page .....
No comments:
Post a Comment