Mother's Day was spent at work. Liz, Candy, Laura and I worked on the unit poster for Nurses' Week. Susan was kind enough to lend us her Cricut so that we could cut out our letters. We helped night shift with their poster also. My thoughtful children had organized the cards, flowers, balloon, and even an assortment of edible fruit! White chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate covered bananas, and apples covered with chocolate and a cinnamon crunch type coating...very yummy!
I did a delivery on Saturday. Sometimes these things just happen! I had a speedy labor Sunday and had been in charge all weekend. Monday a few of us were sent home at 11:30 not enough work. Just ridiculous! The whole system is ineffective and unjust, but no one wants to participate in change because it might effect them! If everyone worked together, it might be a win-win or at least better than what we have. Right now 8 days of PTO used to sit by the phone!!! I ended up doing laundry and got a two hour nap...too long because I was so tired, I went to bed early. However, I was well rested for a spur of the moment invite to go kayaking with Liz! Caylin went also and we had a nice day. Saw crabs, oysters squirting water, mullet, more mullet, a boar, and some big fish with a big tail...?tarpon?, more mullet, bees, and horseflies. I had a passenger with me and didn't know it, a lizard was in the lower part of my seat. Imagine if that thing crawled on me....YIKES! Caylin took care of it!! Then another busy day at work. Today working on Leslie's pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment