
After being so exhausted the past couple of days, Manuel and I drove up to Sarasota to see Caitlin and Adam. I haven't seen Caitlin since she went to Orlando to do her clinical at Arnold Palmer Children's Hospital an now she is in Tampa doing her clinical at Pepin Cardiac Institute. We met halfway, in Sarasota, and had lunch at an Amish restaurant, Troyer's Dutch Restaurant. Needless to say, the food is excellent as was the company. I couldn't help but capture a few fun moments in pictures. Of course, who could resist the baked goods in the shop?...not me! I had scoped out the bakery prior to going into the restaurant. I think Adam thought I was crazy, and then Caitlin and I drooled over the whoopee pies.....can you believe he never heard of them???? Well, he does now and I hear he really likes them. He also had sarsaparilla soda too! I had quite a few things I brought home, and of course some for Caitlin.The Long John's have a smooth cream inside! I got pumpkin and chocolate whoopee pies, and I just couldn't resist the fresh bakes dinner rolls. Soon we were off, the visit all to short, but we will have to do it again soon. We did get home and pick up Callie before the heavy downpours started. To keep me out of Manuel's hair while he was driving (Steve Jobs has saved his life many times while I've been a passenger in the care ;D ) I played Words With Friends with Natalie....I'm on a mission to beat her at that game :D
Time to make coffee and sneak a treat! :D
(the frame is from coffeeshop.blogspot.com)
No comments:
Post a Comment