Friday, August 29, 2008

one can never have enough friends....

Sometimes in our life we find ourselves alone, at other times we find that we are surrounded by an abundance of friends. Friend: noun. a person known well to another and regarded with liking, affection, and loyalty. Today was a day were there were an abundance of friends. It was a good day. One with lasting memories to cherish and of course pictures to document and reminisce. First was the surprise gathering at Joe's Crab Shack for Leslie's Birthday (21 again). She really was surprised. It isn't often that you can catch her off guard because she is ALWAYS doing something nice for someone else. She is the glue that binds family, friends, our unit at work, etc. She is the first to volunteer, give whole heartedly, and unify. She exhausts me. I can't keep up with all she does. She is a ray of sunshine and never asks for anything in return. So today, Candy got her good, and Leslie was surprised!!! Lunch was yummy, she got some really nice gifts, and she had the cutest cake, and there were an abundance of friends to help celebrate this special occasion.
Click to play
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook



Senator John McCain picked Gov. Sarah Palin from Alaska to run of vice president, that is a first! Marcie kitty needed medication from the vet, she took the pill well, though I always second guess if the pill actually went down, the cat can spit them out so fast. We have two hurricanes, Gustav and Hanna are working their way toward the Gulf of Mexico.

The GLF's met again. This time to do some shopping with big savings on primitive folk art and candles. I did well, didn't spend much and that is just fine. I did find a piece of furniture I liked, but we'll see. It would be a nice to have, definitely not a need to have. There was a denim couch that was so comfy. We then ventured over to Panera, this is a different one than our usual spot, food was good as always, and the company was extraordinary. We of course, as always have to talk shop and solve the problems of the world, and give support to each other whatever the issues may be. That is what friends are for, keeping you sane and on the right tract, telling you like it is and not what you "want" to hear and seeing you through. There were of course the funny stories of life, Debbie's granddaughter cut her hair at school, she was ratted out by a child named Jordan....Jordan cut his hair but Lauren didn't tell on him, she'll learn :-)

Callie turns fourteen tomorrow. Gee where did the time go. I can remember clearly when she promised to stay four......her day is planned with friends. She got her new LG slide phone, since her old phone was held together with tape! I got a new phone also and can't seem to figure out how to get my ring tones I downloaded to work. I figured I'd be in trouble when I saw that there was a computer disk to use in order to figure out the phone. More work to do, does the list ever get shorter? Maybe I can delegate this task to a friend!

No comments: