Sunday, August 31, 2008

Stormy weather....

It is official, Callie is now fourteen. She celebrated yesterday with a couple of her friends, Maria and Chantae. The Chuck-e-cheese opened recently and the girls wanted to go there. They had a good time. Then they went to a movie. Manuel and I attended another movie, which was okay, but I didn't care for the violence and language. It was hard to find a movie at the same time as the the one the girls were seeing. They were natually pleased that we weren't going to see the same movie that they were seeing. It ended up being rather late by the time we were out of there.
Click to play Glitter Gal
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook


Today, was church, and after I did a bit of shopping. I came home to the teenage greeting of "where were you?" Not, Hey mom, how are you? This was a ploy to go to her friends house, so off we went to drop her off. We had lunch and went to Lowe's. Early this morning we heard a loud crash, not sure of what it was we laid in bed without saying a word for a few minutes then we independently began looking around to find that a fan blade broke from the metal bracket (actually the bracket broke in half)! Lucky we weren't up moving around when the this happened. So, while we were out we bought a new fan. The economy was helped by my wallet today!

Hurricane Gustav is barreling up the gulf and we are feeling the winds. We just got rain with big gusts of wind a few minutes ago. I hope the people in Louisiana heed the warnings and get the heck out of there. Now we're glued to the t.v. watching Gustav.

No comments: