Friday, July 16, 2010

Birthday Getaway!

Finally....a I got to get away! We ended up with a late start...I'm beginning to feel like I have cooties or something....I didn't get to go to North Carolina, because Manuel said "I'd like to spend time with you....how about going to Disney for a few days"....ohhhhh ya know, jeez guilt and selfishness raged a battle...guilt won!!! ;) I'm not one for lines, screeching kids, heat, sweat....did I mention long lines and crowds??? So....I did more of a staycation.....ughhhhh! Of course, after I agree to this...doesn't one of his employees get sick and guess what...hmmmmm???? We get to stay close to home :( :( :( SIGH!!!! We did go to St. Aramands and to the Everglades, and I got to peel the rest of the wallpaper off the master bathroom walls (this has been and ongoing project that was suppose to send a message to the husband....he TOTALLY ignored my intentions...but kept stating "I can see the woodpecker was back" (GRRRRRRRRRrrrrr). First time off on the 4th of July for years and it rained all day! I rented a car on the 5th of July to go to North Carolina...became very antsy to go somewhere, only to find that Natalie had plans....I was glad for her....sad for me. Was going to stop and see Caitlin along the way....and she is in Orlando...plans nixed, car returned.

It them became time for my birthday, now I'm not counting numbers mind you, BUT, it is a special day and I really think I should be doing something ..... fun, exciting, relaxing, interesting, anything but being home peeling wallpaper of the walls!! So, I sent a suttle text...to my AMAZEMENT he actually read it...I don't know how long it took him to do this, but needless to say he did and did what was asked, I know this because I got a phone call.....hehehhhehehee well, it was business and I had to have him call them back to give the all important zip code! So, the day arrives to go.....and I'm ready, and I wait, and wait, and WAIT....finally Manuel shows up after 1:30pm talking to his brother on the phone and ignoring the fact that I am waiting...well, I think he fast got the silent message when he saw my hands on my hips....we were soon on our way.....We made it to the B and B in time of wine.... two glasses and I just giggle...off to dinner at Brio Italiano...good food, there was some downtown event with vendors so walked a bit and back to the little bit of heaven!

The stay is always short lived.....the breakfast superb! We left our happy retreat and went for a walk on the beach....the sand was really hot!! Then we headed downtown, and off to Sebring talking back roads and going through miles of farm land. We got to Camp and took Callie out to eat. We went to Cowboys....a new restaurant there...she had to be back by five because she had plans with friends.....gosh, dissed again! :( Peaceful drive home.....memories of happy times remain...
Click to play this Smilebox photo album
Create your own photo album - Powered by Smilebox
This photo album created with Smilebox

No comments: