Sunday, July 4, 2010

Everglades...

Sawgrass, alligator, mangroves and more; that is what you'll find on in the Everglades of Florida. Panther, white tailed deer, boar, turkey, 5 types of poisonus snakes along with pythons, exotic plants and an eco system. Yesterday's adventure was going down old US41 to Ochopee, Florida in the Big Cypress Preserve. Now I am always up to try an capture memories with my camera....it got a bit exciting when I saw the grasshopper....the Lubber Grasshopper, that was bright and colorful! They were everywhere and I kept getting closer to one and snapping way and thinking this is really cool...well the darn think decided I was interesting and leapt on to my camera!!! Well, not liking bugs, I was leaping around myself, screaming "get it off, get it off!!" Finally, Manuel grabbed the camera and flicked the critter off my camera. Then the storm clouds came rolling in so we couldn't go on the swamp buggy...but there was a young alligator that was reaching the shore of the boat ramp, so again I start snapping the away and the thing kept getting closer....I finally stopped when Manuel said...."you better stop, you know what happened with the grasshopper"...well, reluctantly I stopped...mainly because of the lightning.....I did get some good pictures though ;D

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a free scrapbook

No comments: