Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Birthdays....


I think the older I get the more uncertain I am about this birthday thing. Basically my issue is that it's a number and it doesn't represent who I am, just that I'm older. I don't want to be older!!! Did anyone ask me if I wanted to increase my numbers? It's sort of like the "weight" number, I don't like that one either...maybe I just don't like numbers! Birthdays are like anniversaries, a remembrance of an occasion....

Some interesting things happened on this day:
On July 9, 1868, the Fourteenth Amendment became part of the U.S. Constitution, guaranteeing all citizens “equal protection of the laws.”
A Tsunami, where giant waves rose to a maximum height of 1,720 feet (516 m) at the head of Lituya Bay, Alaska on July 9, 1958, were generated by a combination of disturbances triggered by a large, 8.3 magnitude earthquake along the Fairweather fault.
There are several famous people born on this day like Tom Hanks.

The best things that happen with birthdays is getting greetings from family and friends. It doesn't matter how far away they are, or what they're doing, they stop and take the time to remember you! I woke to coffee and a Panara's bear claw! Family has been contacting me over the past week...very special! My friends Liz and Candy made my day special by taking me out to dinner and out did themselves with gifts...the best gift is the gift of friendship! They took me to the Elephant Bar and the food was wonderful! The dessert was enormous!!! Lisa called and is arranging something at a shop here in town...hmmmm sneaky!
The day continued with going out to Gasparilla Island and Boca Grand. It is lovely, very peaceful! I enjoyed the beach! Dinner was in Punta Gorda at River City Grill, good food as always. Punta Gorda is coming back after all the damage it suffered from Hurricane Charley. The economy is slow, so some businesses are closed for the summer.
Click to play Party Girl
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook


I won't add numbers to my age, I think that I'll pick and age and stay with it, of course that may vary depending on how I'm feeling or my mood, it'll be at my discretion! So that could be anywhere from 28 to 100 depending on the day ;-) however, each day is a milestone, getting through, doing ones best, being productive, having a good laugh....I'd like to travel more often, have time to read a book (not homework!!!), spend more time on hobbies, and just plain having fun. So here's to all the birthdays past, present, and future to a good life, family, friends, humor, joy, love, CHEERS!!!

No comments: