Saturday, July 19, 2008

A Fun Day!

Today was a Fun day. I left early this morning to drive up and get Callie from Camp. We went shopping and had lunch and then went to Highlands Hammock State Park.It was rated as one of the nicest parks in the country. I've been by this park many times and decided, why not stop. Well wouldn't you know that sometime ago Callie went to this park! It was very nice, there are examples of all times of flora and fauna. We enjoyed the walk on the boardwalk in the swamp area. We saw some cool bugs. One was a colorful grasshopper type bug and then there were dragon flies all around and we got some close up pictures of them. Part of the walk was unnerving because there as a low rail on one side and no rail on the other and the the walkway was only four skinny boards wide of course with space between them so that I was able to see the water with some type of creatures in it! My friend Lisa called as I got to a nice spot with a bench, we talked for a bit and off we went to finish the walk. By the end of this we were sweating. We left, one of the neat things about driving in the park are the trees that are bent over the road! We stopped at DQ and then headed home. I try different ways all the time to get home and with a map (no GPS) we took some county roads home and got some great pictures of cows! Yes cows! Big farming areas. We went and made a quick stop to show Callie where her school is. Once home it was back into the mundane tasks of unpacking and doing laundry, as for me...homework! Please keep my family in your prayers. God Bless!

No comments: