Friday, September 16, 2011

Another amazing day!


Another day of wonderful day with amazingly talented women. It started off with a class with Charlotte Lyons, who just happens to be a good friend of Mary Englebreit. Actually, she is the "Home Companion" part of the the publication that Mary had out. But all good things come to an end and other endeavors take their place. Charlotte is a very talented individual. Who could imagine that you could take an old book, gut it's pages, and make a purse? This is what we did today. There were other talented women in the class, one, non-other than Kaye England! She designs fabric, and of course, as a quilter, her name is, well.....famous! Come to find out, she all so stays in the area of Florida where I live! Small world, so did the woman next to me Debby Carmine. Sarah Armstrong was also there. She came with an atlas, which is how I got the map on my book-purse! Kathy Holden came into take pictures of our class, I will have to go to her blog and see what she has posted. I am most impressed to say that I love my clutch purse, made from To Kill a Mockingbird, a classic, with the map of the area where I grew up.

There was another scrumptious lunch, I don't know how they make the salads so tasty, but they do! Of course, there was carrot cake for dessert. I got to see.....Heidi Grace again, but who is dropping names ;-) We are FB friends now! She is sooooo talented and has new stuff in the works. YOU GO GIRL!

The afternoon was spent with Leslie doing inspiration boards. I really didn't have a clue as to what the class would be about, and it was different than what I expected, however, it has given me a clearer insight on how to gather things, and put them all together. We took colors we liked and put them together, worked with colors we didn't like, and worked from a picture....it is very similar to gathering fabrics, textures, colors, etc. to put a room together, but you can do it will so much.

Things that I must do...go to Moo.com, also purchase E6000 glue - I hear it is amazing. Firsts....I used Modge Podge!!! :D

There was market, and I bought books....more books, and a few magazine type books.....I feel inspired! ;0 Then there was cocktail hour and a books signing and that was a lot of fun. Met some really nice people. Susan Branch is a terrific sport, particularly since our friend, Judi, didn't come and she is a big FAN of Susan. So we kept having our pictures taken with Susan and emailing them to Judi (I don't think she has text or mms), of our fun since she was working....we're bad!!! So, tonight, we did the same thing, so when Judi gets to work....she'll see we have a new BFF .....

Then it was time to go back to our room and figure out how in the world we were going to fit all the trinkets, must haves, can't possibly do withouts, can't live withouts, inspirations, directions, assorted books, magazines, crafts, assessors, gotta have this, shhhhh don't tell my husband I also got this and that's, etc. into the suitcase to take home....so far so good, but if I get more stuff tomorrow, I'm going to need a moving van....

Good Night!!!

No comments: