Tuesday, September 27, 2011

It's Fall....and I'm Spring cleaning!

I go through cleaning spurts several times a year. Usually after the beginning of the year to start the new year fresh and preparing for the Spring. However, it is now officially Autumn and I find myself eager to get rid of clutter. This week the bedroom sets for the kids arrived, so that meant that they actually had to weed things out, which they did along with painting their rooms. The master bathroom was redone....ahhh it is so beautiful. So what else can bed done accept to clean out the clutter.

Now, it isn't that I'm a pack rat, but it is amazing how fast things pile up. Take the mail for instance. The mail comes and then it's in a pile and before I know it, the pile is high on the kitchen counter! I went through all of that the other day, not a piece of mail left :D Purging, it's good for the sole. Since I collected a ton of stuff at the Creative Connection, I've started going through all of that, it was so exhausting I needed a nap! LOL It wouldn't have anything to do that I was tired from work or anything.... ;D

During my long stretch off, it's the "craft room" that needs to be tackled. This will be a chore because it has been the catch all room for the family. Whatever it was, got thrown in there and the door slammed shut! It is depressing to say the least to go in there and try and find anything. While some things are still neatly organized there are mounds of things to go over with little room to move, not conducive to creativity!!! So, I've said it, the goal has been set, I must get it done!

On the upside. I baked some corn bread today and broke out the blackberry-blueberry jam made at TCC in Ashley English's class. It was delicious. I'm going to have to make some, I bought jars at the grocery store the other day. After all, it is Fall and baking must commence! I can pretend that there is a harvest season here with my decorations, even if I live in an area with one season :-(

No comments: