Wednesday, September 21, 2011

HALLELUJAH!!!

Hallelujah!!!! I am so exhilarated to be done with the PNAP. It is very involved and tends to cause me a great deal of stress. This year was no exception. The Dell PC finally died! Every major project that I have had to do on that darn PC where I was on a limited time constraint would ultimately cause major issues. Several times when I was doing paper for school it would die...just die and it meant hours on the phone to someone somewhere to connection me with this person and that department and the endless repair techs. That PC had parts replaced one, two, and three times. If I had nothing to do, it would work fine, otherwise it would freeze, the screen would go blank and it would have to go through a series of tests only to whip all of my information stored off the face of the earth! It's past it's prime and maybe it's feelings got hurt because I got a MAC which has been a dream, it's on in a flash and I have little lights on my keyboard to help me see the letters in the dark! I'm still learning on it....but so far it has stood the test. Next week I download photoshop, so we'll see! The poor PC just couldn't keep up, maybe it was the overload of music files from iTunes, or the GB's of pictures that passed through it during the past 5 years, I don't really know. It had strobbing seizures every time I hit a key and the message box would come on....I backed up my things on the external hard-drive (after many lost files). After a meltdown while putting together a powerpoint presentation....I'd had it (of course not having anything to eat until 2pm didn't help matters). I had tears, a string of sailor type words spewing from my mouth that caused my ears to blush! My poor husband, he wasn't sure what to do, I think my head spun at one point! :-) But now, I am calm, life is grand, I'm done....finished, complete. I can go on and enjoy my days and night now. No projects, just fun and adventures.....I can hardly wait!

No comments: