Thursday, September 15, 2011

CREATIVE CONNECTION!

This has been a wonderful day. I have been surrounded by such talented women, it is truly amazing and inspiring. One day when I grow up......maybe I'll know what I want to be. Actually, all of these women have been down that path, and have truly meaningful stories of their lives, and how they go to where they are now. But, how did they get the mentors and the guts to continue on? How did they find manufacturers, packagers, etc.? The answers I guess will be forth coming. I think that it is important to ask questions. I think it is marvelous that these women are out there to encourage and to reinforce the fact that it is okay to fail and not to take no for an answer and to follow your dreams.

I got to meet Heidi Grace today!! Oh my gosh!!! She is awesome. I have followed her for a long time and to actually meet her was like winning the jackpot!! Susan Branch, what can you say about someone so talented. I just love her books and the whimsical pictures and the script writing in them...the beachy themes always make me miss Cape Cod. Becky Higgins....another fantastic woman! I followed her through Creating Keepsake Magazine what back when when she had the article on creating your own decorative writing! Then it was her fonts, her idea pages that I could follow along and not have to struggle with what layout I could use, and now with her new line, what a Godsend for so many people in their busy lives. Stacy Julian, just love color....I think that is amazing, she is comical and talented.

Cristiana Ferra, Holly Becker....wonderful stories and very talented. The food has been awesome. Jo Peckham is someone new to me, but she is inspirational!

We did sneak out to the Mall of America and went to Archivers!! Scrapfest will be held there. A very fulfilling day!!

No comments: