Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Auld Lang Syne....
The traditional song of the New Year....remembering days gone by. It has been a year full of excitement, happiness, illness, and sadness, just like any other year. Some years are more memorable than others. This year of course having an election, a poor economy, storms, and other events will make it stand out in history. I think the most impacting week this year for me was this past week, with many sad events that occurred. Sometimes I wonder why it was that I wanted to be a nurse, and then the challenges that come up with my patients and the fact that I can make even the smallest of differences in their lives to make the excitement more exciting, the painful more tolerable, and the sadness less devastating. Tears are shed, hugs are given, hands are held, sometimes there is just silence, other times words of encouragement are shared. It has only served to strengthen me more than my patients, deepening my faith, renewing my spirit. So, as 2008 departs leaving behind its memories....2009 comes in new, fresh, sparkling with all the fun, excitement, challenges, sadness, laughter, and GRADUATION!!! May we all be blessed with the comfort and love of family and friends to share in the brand new year! HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment