
It's here! The month of December....Peace on Earth, Goodwill and all the excitement for Christmas. The month that ends our calendar year. It has been hard for me to write "12" for the month, where did November go???? It's been a rapid passing year. The tree is up, it is very pretty tree, full and even, not decrorated, but it is up. Manuel and the girls bought new lights, I can't wait to see them on the tree. Some of my Christmas shopping is done. I have ideas, I just need get with it! I've been a bit slow moving these days. Since Caitlin had her kidney stone, I've had issues with my left knee. It doesn't want to bend, it hurts, its somewhat swollen, so my co-workers tell me, and did I say it hurts, because, it does from the knee up to the hip and the knee down to the sole of my foot! I did see an orthopedic surgeon in passing a few weeks ago...the words "it could be scoped" scared me...something about "age" was also mentioned, all I remember saying was...."I'm not going down with out a fight, kicking and screaming all the way"...okay, I may be kicking and screaming but because the knee is getting worse. So, I've diagnosed it, a torn meniscus. It's a "c" shaped ligament in my knee. Looking up the information, I have the 5 signs. I think it may have been from the fall I took after Callie's recital...you know, after the traumatic spin class left me for dead!!! It's left me hobbling and occasionally with a yelp because of the snapping an crunching that makes a sharp electrical type pain up my leg. I have made and appointment to have it checked out, I'm not happy about it, but I sure can't go on like this. My co-workers are thinking that it's a ploy to get the holidays off! After all, last year it was the gallbladder...geesh, I'm falling apart!
No comments:
Post a Comment