Thursday, December 4, 2008
Diagnosis....
I have been limping and hobbling around like a crotchety old goat for weeks. It has been rather painful to be honest, but I keep on going. I was coaxed into getting a knee brace to quite my husband and some of the docs I work with, it really didn't help much, but maybe it did I don't know for sure. I start of moving slow and stiff and the get momentum, however the pain and clicking and popping are most annoying. Today was my appointment with the orthopedic doctor. I med him a few weeks ago on my unit, we talked, and I caved in! :-) It was a good appointment, I even with the x-rays! Yipee. The meeting with the doctor was painless for the most part and he wanted to hear about my knees. Basically, all my life I've had trouble, but kept on going, etc. I explained about my experience with the Wii fit and the unforgettable spin class, and the fall on the tarmac several weeks later, but "I was fine" I say. Diagnosis: I most likely have a meniscus tear on the lateral part of me knee and I have arthritis! I was shocked. It is pretty extensive I guess a 6 out of 10! Who would have known??? Not me, that is for sure. Really? I said, and then he x-rays were explained. I'm still in a bit of disbelief, he said he wasn't expecting this from someone my age...(sure make me out to be young now....Hahahahahaha). So, the next step is an MRI on Tuesday and an appointment with the results next Thursday. Actually, the knee feels a bit better...I did go to Candy's and met up with her and Liz to help put out Christmas decorations. Then I went to Kohl's, shopping always makes me feel better, then I got Callie from school, went to the grocery store, made a salad, and watched a little t.v. The HDTV is now working, this will surely make the husband happy with his new monstrosity of a t.v.! Whatever works. Then it was some homework for several hours and this is my escape...I'm off for some rest. Have to meet up with Candy for more school work in the morning....this too shall pass!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment