Sunday, December 9, 2007

The EVENT of the Year!


9th December, 2007

Last night was the EVENT of the year! Candy had her 2nd annual Christmas party and it was FUN! Here are Manuel and I in our foyer right before the party. Some friend that we work with were in attendance. The odd thing is how small the world is. You expect to be in a room full of strangers, and the next thing you know you see some old friend there, out of the blue, unexpected. That's one of the things that makes life things interesting. One of my co-worker's husband has known my husband for years!! Who knew?

The event started out with getting caught up with the latest happenings. Here are Liz, Sharon, and Candy (the hostess). Sharon is the glue that holds our unit together. Liz, Candy, and I are study buddies (NSU SHARKS).

This picture is an assortment of friends singing Karaoke! I'll let you in on a little secret, there will be no quiting of the day job so that we can stand in line for American Idol, although, we could have given them some pretty good competition!!!


There seem to be a few pictures of me with a microphone. I'll just have to clarify this. I hate to get up in front of people! Scares me to death. However, Leslie kept writing peoples names down with songs, and wouldn't you know those people who's names where picked wouldn't go up and sing, and so then it ended up being in a group, and I was just in the group! We did get Leslie back by making her sing "Play that funky music". Many of the songs - who knew what they were, so when all else fails, make up words and tunes! I'm sure someone will be on top of this for next year. :)

Now it just seems that some people did a lot of dancing. Hey, you know who you are! The Cha Cha Slide, YMCA, and the Macarena are still big party hits! I think I'll have to practise the Cha Cha Slide, too many people bumping into one another, and there were a few toes squished. (Okay, note to self: singing lessons, dance lessons, list of songs....)

I'll just clarify one more thing. WARNING! Some things aren't as they appear!! Now take the picture with Liz and Candy with Capt'n Morgan! It all started out completely innocent! Then along comes my husband with the bottle of Capt'n Morgan! He's been hanging around me far to long, since I'm always taking pictures and sometimes there needs to be an focal point....truth people, is stranger than fiction!


The time flew by, I don't know where it went, but it was 8pm when we got their and when I looked at my watch it was 12:05am! Time flies when you're having fun. Candy, thanks so much for the fun and the memories!

No comments: