
December 12, 2007
I love taking pictures, I have boxes and boxes of them. I started taking pictures when I was nine years old when my friend, Greta, gave me a green box camera. I think the film it took was 625. I can't remember how many cameras I've had over the years. I've had Kodak, Olympus, Canon, Fuji, and Nikon versions. I have a small Nikon digital since I've broken 3 Kodak ones all within a few months of each other. I prefer the Kodak ones. This Nikon is a slow clicker (shutter speed) which annoys me to no end. I have recently bought a Canon EOS Rebel Xti and I can't wait to start using that baby! I've been good, trying to get my homework done.....grrrrrr
Then what to do with the pictures. Those old magnetic things just ruined pictures. I then learned of another hobby, scrapbooking. I have been a scrapbooker for quite a number of years. I love it! I love gathering all the materials and putting my creativity to work to make some awesome pages. I have a whole room organized with the scrapbooking material. And then you know what? Some cleaver individual figured out that you can do this on the computer. It's called digital scrapbooking and it is done by "layers" which act as if you had paper, ribbon, buttons, pictures, etc. on a traditional page. How cool is that? Well, it's cool okay if you can figure it out. Well, I've been to the scrapbooking conventions and took the photoshop classes they offered and spent a mint with Epson. I bought the personal photolab which I love and the superdupper printer to print out 12x12 pages. I bought a scanner, and I have to say for those old pictures, this is a wonderful piece of equipment to bring the old pictures back to life. I collected and downloaded all sorts of digital paper, elements, you name it. I took a photoshop class once again when I was on the Alaskan Cruise. Now, in class I buzz right along and get things done. However at home, I become the world's biggest dunce!!! What is it about being at home and not being able to do the simplest thing (or what seem to be the simplest of tasks). Well, it didn't deter me from downloading, organizing, and collecting, more, and more, and more digital scrapbooking bits and pieces!
Some kind hearted person designed the Quick Page (QP), which means that the page is done, you just have to add your pictures and journaling. Okay, sounds easy enough. I tried, and tried, AND TRIED and about all I could do was to get the page up with the picture on top of it and NEVER would the two merge to become one! AUUUGGGHHHHHHH!!!!! Until, today! Yes, today was the day of all days. I can dance around and whoop it up! I did it! I did it! I have been working on trying to get a Christmas photocard done. (I don't know who the kind creative person was but I love the card). I have the card on the screen, I had the picture on the card, but as hard as I tried I couldn't get the picture in the confounded box to get the photocard! Sigh! Being the stubborn individual that I can be, I wasn't going to let this beat me. So, today, I went to Scarpgirls.com and the are tutorials, and I had bought them, but today, I watched the FREEBIE one, and I did it step by step. I set up my things, stopped their video and when over to mine, and today, I HAVE A PHOTOCARD!!!! I was even able to put writing on it! WHOOOOHOOOO! Then, I had to make sure the I mastered this technique and I went to Heather Roselli's Blog and picked up her latest digital calendar that can be used as a screen saver and I DID IT! I feel gooooood! I feel, relieve, accomplishment, proud, and at peace! Determination won!
Now to finish my paper for school....yeah, I've been procrastinating on getting it done and turned in! Bad me.....

No comments:
Post a Comment