Thursday, December 27, 2007

Life is an adventure....


It started off being a foggy Florida morning. Things went smoothly until I got to the airport and was at the baggage check in! Then there was something about a delay and perhaps not making the connecting flight. So, I had to go into the airport and met up with my group all waiting. Apparently there was a mechanical issue with a plan coming in from New York. There were many signs, small as they were, mine was I spilt a whole cup of coffee and nothing splattered on anyone or any of the suitcases. There was talk of Jet Blue sending a plane down from Tampa. Then it was the flight was coming but instead of leaving at 10:55 am it was going to be 2:10. There was another Jet Blue flight at 3:00. Well, Jet Blue reps. worked very hard and out plane arrived at 2:10 and they were quite efficient in getting us loaded on. Half the plane in one line the other loading the plane going outside and up the stairs into the back of the plane. We did get a free lunch. Jean, Rosemary, Bill and I ate at Chili's. Anyway, after the long wait we were finally getting ready to taxi down the runway. We were on the runway, and then we turned around and headed back to the terminal. There was a mechanical issue with an electrical generator which needed to be checked out, then signed off. Finally, after 5pm we were up in the air. We landed after 7pm at JFK. We missed our flight to Greece, but we were given accommodations and will now be taking a tour of NYC before heading off to the Airport. It is cloudy and in the 30's here. I guess God had other plans......

1 comment:

M'ellen said...

Belated Merry Christmas! I am very impressed that you started a blog for your trip. I went skiing today, very icey! Have fun on your trip. Mary Ellen