Thursday, September 11, 2008

May We Never Forget.....


(I made this on www.scrablogs.com) This is a neat place that I just found today!

Today is 9/11. Seven years ago I took my younger girls to school came home and was making coffee and my husband and I were watching a morning show with Diane Sawyer. I remember pouring coffee and hearing my husband utter the sound "ughhhhhh!" and I looked up to see a plane flying in to the second tower of the World Trade Center in New York. We had just been watching and talking about the first hit at the other tower and I said it had to be terrorists, there was no way it was an accident, a little plane is one thing but a commercial jet...and coming out of Boston??? Most of that day ran in slow motion and we were glued as the rest of the country if not the world to the t.v. Then there was the plane that hit Pentagon, and the forth that crashed into field in Pennsylvania, by brave Americans standing up for what was right.

I think that in any time of great tragedy people know exactly where they where and what they were doing. It is hard to believe that seven years has passed, and rather quickly, thought the wounds of that day are fresh as we remember. In December I did see the area where the World Trade Center was, it was on a dark and rainy day, I was so amazed at seeing the buildings that survived and how scorched their facades still are. So today, I did put out my flags, took time for a moment(s) of silence to remember those that perished that day, for those that survived, for the first responders, and for our President (who despite what people think in hindsight not only got us through a difficult time, and we have remained free of any other attacks, and for our country (the land of the free and the home of the brave). May - God Bless America!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

The tribute page you made is beautiful and very touching.