Thursday, September 4, 2008

sick days.....

Today, like yesterday, I sit at home, isolated from the world. More so today. I don't like being sick, though I don't feel too bad, I look bad. Quasimoto! I need a mask or a be like an ostrich and bury my head!! I hate being sick, it's a waste of time; it's been 2 1/2 years since I've been sick.... I did organize things yesterday, I hate clutter and not being able to find things, paid bills, and cleaned out Callie's room and found fourteen plus water bottles most empty the rest half empty. How could she invite a friend over with her room looking like such a disaster? I think I should get that yellow caution tape to block off her room. How can she find things? Even at night I went in to re-instruct (like it just didn't go in one ear and out the other)her on the importance of keeping her phone things together, her calculator things together, etc. I have no hope that it will stay organized. Even though she has a closet, she has a tendency to hang things on the floor. Her floor is a dumping ground for everything. The lovely floor can be seen now, and there is an overflowing basket of clothes that could be clean, could be dirty, my guess is its half of each.

I stayed up late and watched Sarah Palin speak, twice. I was impressed. And once again escaping doing homework, I found this neat site called Wordle - www.wordle.net, where you can make word clouds. I of course had to try and it used words from my last several blog postings and came up with this:The cool part is that you can change colors and fonts....
this is so fun...you must try it. I didn't post mine on their site, I did print them out and scanned them into my computer.

I have also been trying to get a grasp on using the new phone. Everyone that was transferred in, now have ringtones and birthdays entered. I did have a bit of scare when I couldn't find my contacts and under personal contacts it came up empty!!! It's okay now it's all back as it should be. I also had a problem downloading ringtones I bought, but that has now been solved also. Sigh....technology!!! I just have to get pictures now so I can put them with their numbers how had do you think that'll be?

The cloudy day that started has turned sunny with a light breeze, so much better than yesterdays 95 degree scorching heat. I must now go and do homework.....

2 comments:

Amanda said...

How cool! I'll have to do a Wordle with my blog and see what comes up... :)

Barb said...

They really are fun!