On June 24th 1981 a young woman bearing a child on her arm appeared on a hill outside Medjugorje. With her free hand she urged six young people to come closer but they did not dare to do so as they sensed something extraordinary. However urged by a will they could not describe all of them came back the next day individually and she revealed herself to be The Holy Virgin.

The Holy Virgin also appeared the third day and appealed for peace. All in all she has shown herself 10 times in front of countless people and every day services in different languages are held in the church. Since 1981 more than 20 million pilgrims have visited Medjugorje making it one of the biggest Catholic pilgrim places along side Lourdes in France.

I have not done a pilgrimage before, but I have no doubt what so ever that I will have a renewed spirit and a stronger faith. This is similar to Fatima in Portugal which I have seen. The interesting thing is, another co-worker, Gunnhild went home to spend a year in her home country of Norway. She was a bit nervous and uncertain about her adventure, but following her blog, she is having a grand time. Where is she this week????? In Croatia!!! I couldn't e-mail her fast enough to have her tell me all about her travels there! Other exciting news is that Liz's daughter, Jessica, got engaged,a March wedding is planned! Liz has been flying around getting things organized (just a tad OCD, shhhhh don't tell her that). Can you believe it's just hours from October....already!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment